This online course is designed to prepare you to understand PC Repair Techniques. The course helps with your ability to install, manage, repair, and troubleshoot PC hardware and Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
Before you take this course, you should have a basic understanding of computers. You should be familiar with how to:
- Use a mouse and keyboard
- Install and run programs
- Use basic productivity software, including word processing applications
- Save files created by common applications
- Browse the internet
If you don't have these take a look at our Master IT Fundamentals Course.
This course focuses on 4 topics
This course is designed to help you gain real-world skills that you will use every day as a PC Repair Tech. When you are done with this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Set up a new computer.
- Identify system requirements when purchasing a new computer.
- Understand the technology and specifications used to describe computer components.
- Make informed choices about which device characteristics are required for your situation.
- Install or upgrade the operating system.
- Manage external devices.
- Troubleshoot common computer problems that can be resolved without replacing internal components.
- Connect to a small home network.